Your car is an investment, not only in the car itself, but in your ability to go where you want, when you want. So, it’s extremely important to have a service partner for your vehicle that you can trust to keep your vehicle safe and operating properly.
Using some of the guidelines of ASE (National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence) and the Better Business Bureau, let’s look at what a good service partner should look like.
- Look for a repair facility before you need one; you can make better decisions when you are not rushed.
- Search online for business reviews and visit the shop’s web presence. You can learn a lot about a business and its team by reading social media.
- Ask friends for recommendations; even in this high-tech era, word of mouth reputation is valuable and usually accurate.
- Don’t make your selection based solely on location convenience.
- Professionally run establishments will have a courteous, helpful staff. The owner and service writer should be willing to answer all of your questions.
- Look for signs of professionalism in the customer service area: civic and community service awards, membership in the Better Business Bureau, AAA-Approved Auto Repair status, customer service awards.
- Look for evidence of qualified technicians, such as trade school diplomas, certificates of advanced course work, and ASE certifications - a national standard of technician competence
Always save your paperwork, and reward good service with repeat business. It is mutually beneficial to you and the shop owner to establish a “service partner” relationship.
Using these as a guide should allow you to see some very successful and competitive shops, just like us here at automotive shop. We know that, if using the list above, we’ll be one of your top choices for whatever your service needs may be. Make an appointment online, or give us a call at (940) 382-8942 to schedule your next service, large or small, at phone number.